Niji: Rainbow – Jouyo Manju (Wagashi).
You can have Niji: Rainbow – Jouyo Manju (Wagashi) using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Niji: Rainbow – Jouyo Manju (Wagashi)
- It’s 20 g of Grated Yamaimo （Yam).
- You need 40 g of Sugar.
- It’s 25 of gJouyo-ko (fine non-glutinous rice flour).
- It’s 75 g of Koshi-aｎ (Red beam jam).
- It’s of ＋ Food colorings.
Niji: Rainbow – Jouyo Manju (Wagashi) step by step
- Ingredients for 5 pieces.
- Food colorings and brushes.
- Add 40g of sugar into 20g of grated Yamaimo. Mix them well. Put the Yamaimo mixture into 27g of "jouyo-ko (rice flour)"..
- Mix them. Put the rice flour onto the yamaimo mixture and fold it. Divide the dough into 5..
- Extend a dough into a circle as using dusting flour. Make the center thick. Wrap a bean jam ball with it. Make it round. Do the same to make 5..
- Dip a brush in water and dissolve a food coloring.in a little water. Draw 3 different color arcs with the brush on Manju (a ban). Do the same and make 5 Niji (rainbow) Manju..
- Put them in a steamer and spray water over them..
- Then cool them with a cotton clothes cover not to get dry..