Tukimi Dango (Moon Viewing Dumpling).
You can cook Tukimi Dango (Moon Viewing Dumpling) using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tukimi Dango (Moon Viewing Dumpling)
- You need 60 g of Joshinko (Rice Powder).
- Prepare 60 g of Shitamako (Glutinous Rice Powder).
- It’s 20 g of Sugar.
- Prepare 80 ml of hot (but not boiling) water.
Tukimi Dango (Moon Viewing Dumpling) step by step
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and pour in the water little by little while mixing with chopsticks or a fork. Do not pour in all at once as you may need to make sure of the consistency..
- Once the water is mixed in, knead with your hands to get a "earlobe softness".
- Roll into a rope one inch in width..
- Divide the rope into 16.
- Roll each portion into a ball.
- Boil a pot of water and drop the balls in. Boil for 4 minutes.
- Remove the balls from the pan and place it in a bowl of ice water to cool.
- Once cooled take them out to dry.
- Display the dumplings in a pyramid shape. There are 2 theories on how many dumplings to display. It is either 15, 13, or 12 or 13 (on a leap year). If you are displaying 15, the 1st layer – 9 balls, 2nd layer – 4 balls and 3rd layer 2 balls..