Sweet rice cake. Rice Cake is a chewy-sweet Chinese treat. Many memories are associated with Rice Cakes when growing up in the islands. Learn how to make your very own.
You can buy these at local Asian markets during Chinese. Rice cake, called tteok in Korean, is a much-loved traditional dish with many many variations. No festival day, anniversary, or celebrations is complete without them. You can cook Sweet rice cake using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet rice cake
- Prepare of White rice.
- Prepare 1 glass of Rice.
- It’s 1 glass of Sugar.
- It’s of Water as required.
- It’s of Green rice.
- Prepare of Rice half glass.
- It’s of Sugar half glass.
- You need of Water as required.
- It’s of Green food colour.
This rice cake, youngyang chaltteok (영양 찰떡), is one of the easiest rice cakes you can make at home! No kneading, no shaping, no pounding, and no special tool other than a steamer is required! This recipe for glutinous rice cakes—also known as sweet sticky rice cakes—is simple to make and easier if you leave off the Asian-style 'icing', although that's yummy too. Sticky rice is a true Asian.
Sweet rice cake instructions
- Half cup water and boil it then add sugar.
- For white rice Then take another pan add water as you required boil it and add rice…..cooked it well add the sugar syrup.
- Green rice take the water and boil it add the green colour add the rice and cooked it then add sugar syrup.
- Serving:take a square box tray make a flag then put on the plate make the moon and star with almonds.
Palitaw (Sweet Rice Cakes). this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Rice cakes are given different colors to look more delicious. Some are salted and served with meat or shrimp sauce; but most rice cakes are sweet and served with cold or hot beverages. Sweet rice bundt cake make with freshly milled sweet brown rice flour and sweet red bean paste. Wash it one at a time.