Sweet Rice. Japanese glutinous rice or sweet rice (known as mochigome もち米 or mochi rice), is another type of short grain cultivar of Japonica rice. The grains of glutinous rice is opaque, shorter and rounder, and. A lovely custard-like Mexican rice pudding, this arroz con leche has the delicate flavors of cream "Often called Arroz con Leche, this is a sweet custard-like pudding.
Most relevant Best selling Latest uploads. Despite its name, this rice is not sweet at all. It's much stickier than usual short grain rice, which is why it's also called "glutinous rice" – because it's like glue, not because it contains gluten. You can have Sweet Rice using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Rice
- It’s 1 cup of basmati rice.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ghee.
- It’s 1 tbsp of raisns(kishmish).
- You need 1 tbsp of blanched almonds.
- It’s 2 of small cardamoms.
- Prepare 1 pinch of saffron.
- You need 1 pinch of edible of yellow colour.
I bought this because I wanted to make the Thai dessert "sweet sticky rice with mangoes" that I always get at Thai restaurants. Rice flour and sweet rice flour are quite unique in their traits and you'll need either for various kitchen tasks. Here's what you need to know about the difference between rice flour and sweet rice flour. Sweet rice in Indian Cuisine, on the island or abroad, has its function.
Sweet Rice instructions
- Clean and wash rice. Soak for 15-20 minutes.
- In a pan add soaked rice 2 cups of water, sugar, ghee, cardamom and edible yellow colour covered at for 10-15 minutes, stir in between..
- Add saffron, almond and raisins. Covered for 9-10 minutes. Stir in between..
- Allow standing for 5 minutes..
- Garnish with fresh fruit and dry fruits of your choice serve hot..
Although it can be eaten as a dessert by itself it functions as a "pepper neutralizer". After eating lots of spicy, peppery dishes the. Sweet Rice recipe with detailed step by step images. Sweet Rice, a popular meetha chawal in which the rice and sugar are cooked together. With the addition of saffron, cinnamon, cloves and bayleaves.