Klepon (Sticky Rice Ball Stuffed with Palm Sugar).
You can cook Klepon (Sticky Rice Ball Stuffed with Palm Sugar) using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Klepon (Sticky Rice Ball Stuffed with Palm Sugar)
- You need 225 gram of glutinous rice flour.
- Prepare 25 gram of rice flour.
- Prepare 3/4 of luke warm water.
- You need 2-3 drop of pasta pandan / green food coloring.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of coconut sugar/ palm sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh grated coconut mixed with 1/2 yep salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
Klepon (Sticky Rice Ball Stuffed with Palm Sugar) step by step
- Mix the glutinous rice flour, rice flour, and 1/2 tsp sugar with the lukewarm water and green food coloring into a firm but flexible dough..
- Pull off one full tablespoon of the dough and shape it into a ball with approximately 2½ cm (1 inch) in diameter..
- Push a finger into the center of the ball to make a hole, and put in approximately ½ tsp. of the grated sugar. Seal, and roll it back into the ball shape with the palms of your hands..
- Prepare all the balls and set them aside. Prepare a pot half filled with water and bring it to a boil. Drop the balls into the boiling water. Remove the balls with a spoon once they float to the water surface and then roll the balls in the grated coconut..
- It would be more enjoyable if you eat this klepon cake while it is still warm with your coffee or tea. Or just for snack or dessert..