Thai red prawn curry with sticky rice. Better than takeout, Thai coconut red curry with prawns is easy, quick, and full of so much flavour! Thai red curry paste – the base flavour in this dish. coconut milk – I used regular coconut milk, but you can use lite too. vegetables – snap peas (or. Learn how to make Thai Red Curry with Prawns with The Bombay Chef Varun Inamdar.
Bring to a simmer, cover with a lid. Try this Thai-style curry with steamed sticky rice. Add the prawns and cook for a couple of minutes until cooked just through. You can cook Thai red prawn curry with sticky rice using 27 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai red prawn curry with sticky rice
- Prepare 1 of white onion.
- Prepare 1/2 tin of coconut milk.
- It’s 300 g of large raw king prawns.
- Prepare Half of a bag of spinach leaves.
- You need of Curry sauce – blitz together.
- Prepare 1 of red onion.
- It’s 1 of red or orange pepper.
- Prepare 1 of large red chilli.
- You need 1 of spring onion.
- You need 1 of thumbsize piece of ginger.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 3 of large fresh tomatoes.
- It’s Squeeze of honey.
- It’s Splash of Soy sauce.
- You need Splash of fish sauce.
- You need Half of the juice from a lime.
- You need 1 tbspn of size amount of lemongrass.
- It’s of Spices.
- Prepare 1 spoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1 spoon of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 spoon of turmeric.
- You need of Garnish.
- You need of Fresh coriander.
- You need of Lime wedge.
- You need of Poppy seeds.
- Prepare of Spring onion.
- You need of Fresh red chilli.
Check the seasoning, add a little more fish sauce if necessary, and stir in the lime juice and basil, keeping a few leaves back for garnish. Forget ordering takeaway and make your own Thai red curry at home. Spoon rice into four wide, shallow bowls and top equally with seafood, asparagus, and sauce. Seafood in Red Curry with Sticky Rice.
Thai red prawn curry with sticky rice instructions
- Finely dice white onion and fry in a drizzle of oil. Once onions are soft add the spices and cook for a few mins. Pour over the blitzed curry sauce ingredients and simmer for 10 mins or so on low. Add the coconut milk off the heat and simmer again for 10 mins or so. Taste and season with more salt/soy or honey if needed..
- Cook your sticky rice for 10 mins or so and while this is cooking add your prawns and spinach leaves. Taste again before you serve and garnish and enjoy..
A quick and easy Thai Aubergine Curry With Sticky Rice recipe, from our authentic Thai cuisine collection. Thai Prawn Red Curry with Steamed Rice. If someone asks you what's so special about Thai Curries? I would say once you experience it, you would yearn for it more and more. It's not just the simplicity that defines it but it's the aroma of herbs & spices and the flavor of coconut milk.