Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup.
You can cook Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup
- Prepare 4 (14 oz) of Cans Chicken Broth.
- You need 2 of Heaping Cups Pre-Cooked Shreaded Chicken [packed].
- It’s 1 Can (28 oz) of Green Tomatoes [aka Tomatillos – smashed by hand].
- It’s 2 (4 oz) of Cans Diced Hatch Green Chilies.
- It’s 1 Can (10 oz) of ROTEL Tomatoes [with green chile].
- You need 1/2 tsp of Mexican Oregeno.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Ground Cumin [+ 1/2 tbsp reserves before serving].
- Prepare 1 of EX LG Jalapeño [minced].
- Prepare 1 of LG White Onion [chopped].
- It’s 1 Bunch of Fresh Cilantro [+ reserves].
- It’s 2 Stalks of Celery [with leaves – chopped].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Fresh Garlic [minced].
- Prepare 2 of LG Carrots [small chopped].
- You need 1/2 Cup of Green Bell Peppers [minced].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Fresh Mexican Basil.
- Prepare to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper & Chicken Bullion Or Salt [feel free to add extra salt to this dish. your kiddos will definitely need a little encouragement to drink more fluids while sick. but still, ALWAYS refer to your pediatrician first].
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Mexican Beer [optional].
- It’s of Lemon Wedges [optional].
- You need 1 tbsp of Lime Juice [or to taste + reserve wedges].
- You need of Avocados [garnish].
- Prepare as needed of Egg Noodles.
- It’s as needed of Baking Soda [acid reducer].
Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup instructions
- Small chop all of your vegetables and throw everything [except for anything listed as reserves, garnish or noodles] in a large pot. Boil on high for 20 minutes covered. Or, until your small chopped carrots are softened. They're your best [doneness] indicator..
- At 20 minutes, boil your egg noodles as per manufactures directions. Usually 7 minutes – in a separate pot. If not boiled in a separate pot, you'll dust up your soup with a carb clouded murky broth. Yuck! Do the same with your rice if you choose to employ it. Add 1 tsp salt and a dash of oil to your noodles and cover. Stir occasionally. Drain and add noodles to your soup. Do not rinse your noodles..
- ● Important Steps: Taste test your soup. If you feel your broth is too acidic based upon the high amounts of green/red tomatoes, jalapeños and lemon/lime juice, add a good pinch of baking soda while your soup is at a heavy boil. She'll foam up quite a bit she'll settle right down when stirred. So, no worries. Add another pinch of baking soda if you feel it's needed after a minute or so. Also, add additional 1/2 tbsp Cumin to your pot just before serving. You'll want that extra kick! Add water as needed for additional broth. Sick kids throats do appreciate their hot broth! I also add additional fresh chilled cilantro [my kids do love their cilantro!] and mix gently just prior to serving..
- Serve soup piping hot with chilled lime or lemon wedges, [both work quite well, especially on sore throats!] fresh cilantro, avocado slices, tortilla chips [if only to serve their scratchy little throats!] and fresh flour tortillas as an absorbent tummy filler. A dollop of sour cream is also a great addition if, they don't have upset tummies. Any creams will only curdle in their tiny stomachs. Enjoy!.