Mexican Chicken Soup. Tired of plain old Chicken Soup? Try this spunky Mexican inspired masterpiece. Adding the avocado is a must!
Serve the soup hot topped with sliced avocado, a dollop of sour cream, grated Cheddar cheese. This Mexican chicken soup is tender chunks of chicken with vegetables, chiles and potatoes, all in a savory tomato broth. A great way to warm up on a cold day! You can have Mexican Chicken Soup using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Chicken Soup
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion diced.
- You need 1 of large bell pepper.
- You need 3 Cloves of Garlic.
- You need 3 Cups of Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 1 can of beans, black beans or mixed.
- It’s 1 Can of loose drained Corn.
- You need 28 g of Pasatta or 1 Can crushed tomato.
- It’s 500 g of Chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 tbls of dried oregano.
- You need 2 tsp of Cumin powder.
- You need 24 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder4.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3 tbls of Shredded cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbls of Sourcream or yogurt.
- Prepare 1 of Avocado Sliced.
- You need of Some Corn chips Tortillas or crusty bread.
I love Mexican chicken soup because. Mexican Chicken Soup is a delicious comforting meal made using chicken, vegetables, served with chopped cilantro and onion. Some people also add chopped avocado. This soup is the chicken version of the popular Beef Taco Soup.
Mexican Chicken Soup step by step
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet and sauté the onion, bell pepper and garlic for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add remaining chicken broth, Spices, corn, bean and tomato. Give it a good stir, then add chicken and push down to submerge..
- Add a splash of chicken broth, bring to simmer then tip it all into the heavy based Saucepan / Croc pot.
- Cook for 45 minutes on simmer with the lid on. Stir occasionally..
- Ladle into bowls and serve with Toppings of choice! Cheese grated, sour cream/ yogurt serve with corn crisp/ tortillas or crusty bread..
Quick and easy, hearty and exploding with Taco flavours! Toppings are not optional – they're essential! This Mexican Chicken Soup recipe is an awesome recipe to have year-round! It comes together quickly and is bursting with flavor! Make a family night into a Mexican Night with this easy, light and.