Mexican tomato, chicken and refried bean soup. Chop tomatoes. all into meat, soup and beans. Bring to a boil. cheese and put on top. Heat in oven until cheese melts.
Rice adds an awesome creaminess to. This fresh, piquant summer soup combines many of the ingredients you might find in a feisty salsa, but in this case they re all souped up. Add the stock, roasted tomato sauce or passata, tomatoes, beans, oregano and sugar. You can cook Mexican tomato, chicken and refried bean soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican tomato, chicken and refried bean soup
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts skin on.
- It’s of Good quality chicken stock 450 ml (I ve done mine from scratch).
- Prepare 230 g of Red kidney beans (or any other beans).
- It’s 1 of red pepper finally diced 150 g.
- It’s 1 of red onion finally diced.
- Prepare 1 of lime.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coriander.
- It’s 50 g of cottage cheese (optional) I used instead of sour cream.
- It’s 180 ml of passata.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 of finally diced red chilli.
Season with salt and pepper, bring to the. If your family enjoys Mexican food, check out this zesty soup, loaded with veggies and shredded chicken, and topped with crispy tortilla strips. This is a fantastic quick tomato soup recipe simply bursting with the flavours of roasted red peppers, garlic and lime. Rice adds an awesome creaminess to the dish which is topped with a jalapeño and yogurt dressing and served with.
Mexican tomato, chicken and refried bean soup step by step
- Get all the ingredients ready. Wash and prep veg..
- Make refried beans. Can be bought in ready. Start with sweating onions and garlic.
- Cook it on medium heat for 2 min. Add 1 tsp cumin. Cook it for 30 sec. Add beans 1/2 finally diced chilli and chopped coriander. Cook it for 3 min ans add 50 ml of chicken stock. Add 1/2 lime juice. Cook it for another 2 min and mash it up. Set aside.
- To make broth start sweating onions and red pepper, 1/2 of finally diced chilli with little bit of cooking oil. Cook on medium for 3 min. Add 1 tbsp cumin. Cook for 30 sec and cover with stock. Cook it for 5 min and then add passata. Finish with lime juice and roughly chopped coriander. Check seasoning.
- To cook chicken breast preheat the oven to 180 °C or cook it under the grill in the oven on the bottom shelf checking every few min. Heat up the frying pan..
- Dry the chicken fillet with kitchen roll. Place the chicken fillet on the pan skin down. Season the other side of the breast. Sear it for 1 min until golden brown then turn over. Sear it for another min. Then place it into the oven. It should take about 15 – 18 min. Take it out and rest it for few minutes..
- Heat up beans and broth. Slice up the chicken breast. Skin should be crispy. Place the beans in the middle of the bowl. Pour broth over and then set the chicken breast over. I finished mine with crumbled curd cheese and coriander. Enjoy.
While the soup simmers, cut the tortillas in half, stack them, and Drain the strips on paper towels. Top with tortilla strips and dollops of sour. Homemade refried beans recipe with step-by-step instructions. Easier to make than you might think. Plus, they are far superior in flavor and texture to canned refried beans.