Tomatillo Braised Pork Loin.
You can cook Tomatillo Braised Pork Loin using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomatillo Braised Pork Loin
- You need 3 lb of pork loin.
- You need 2 of jars Frontera Tomatillo Salsa.
- It’s 64 oz of chicken stock.
- It’s 2 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ground coriander seed.
- You need 1 tbsp of roasted ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried Mexican oregano.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of orange peel seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground white pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground ancho chile.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable oil; as needed.
Tomatillo Braised Pork Loin step by step
- Heat vegetable oil in a large roasting pan. Toss pork loin with enough oil to cover. Season with dried spices..
- Saute pork with fat side down. After approximately 3-5 minutes on medium heat the pork loin should have a nice sear. Turn over and repeat to the other side. The pork loin will not be fully cooked after searing both sides! Remove from pan and set aside..
- Add chicken stock. Scrape up any brown bits with a wooden spoon. Once the fond is incorporated, return the pork loin back to the pot. Pour salsa over pork. The liquid level should not exceed the height of the pork loin..
- If the liquid is higher than the pork loin, remove pork loin and reduce liquid before returning pork back to the pan..
- Bring to a simmer and cover. Cook for approximately one hour or until pork is tender and cooked to desired level of doneness..
- Variations; Tequila, apple cider, tamarind, epazote, cilantro, fresh mirepoix, potatoes, garlic bulbs, celery root, mustard.