Smoked pork tacos. Pork tacos are always a favorite at our house. I've made them from my Coca-Cola Braised Pork Loin a few times but these Smoked Carnitas make the best tacos ever! Made from a smoked pork butt, these pork tacos are perfect for serving a crowd!
Slow Smoked Mexican-Style Pork Shoulder for Tacos. The San Diego Padres's front office called last week and were like, "Hey Food Republic, it's almost Cinco De Mayo. Want to know how we make our pork belly carnitas tacos?". You can have Smoked pork tacos using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smoked pork tacos
- It’s of salsa.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans well drained.
- You need 1 cup of finely diced tomato.
- You need 2 of finely chopped jalapeños.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cilantro.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 of diced avacado.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need of pork rub.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic.
- It’s of black pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need 1 lb of pork chops, loins or steaks.
- It’s 2 of large handfuls of smoaking wood. soaked for at least 1/2 hr before cooking.
- You need of tortillas.
In going with tacos, I needed a salsa for a topper and turned to my favorite salsa verde recipe of all time. When constructing a carnitas-inspired smoked pork, I took the flavors I often associate with. Smoked pork tacos is a great way out. You'll never guess the secret ingredient though.
Smoked pork tacos instructions
- Mix all the salsa ingredients together in a bowl, cover and set aside at room temperature for about an hour.
- Mix the rub together, use a little olive oil and coat the pork. Let it sit for about 1/2 hr.
- Set up your grill, if its gas its easy leave one burner off. If its charcoal once the coals are lit you want to set up a 2 zone fire. Basically push all the coals to one side so you have direct and indirect heat. Add your first round of wood chips at this time. Preheat the grill for 15 minutes.
- Cook the pork on the indirect heat part of the grill, high heat should be 450-500 degrees . Add wood chips as needed, turning the pork once untill your internal temperature is 145. Should be about 20 min but use a thermometer to be sure. Remove from the grill and let cool enough to touch..
- Shred the pork. Put the shredded pork and the salsa in a disposable, or grill safe pan mix well..
- Put the pan back on the indirect heat for about 15 min or until completely warm..
- If youd like you can use this time to kiss your tortillas with flame. Brush a little olive oil and put thatvside down for about a minute. No need to turn. They're awesome like that..
- Top with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy..
Smoked Pork Tacos: A Step-by-Step Tutorial. Smoked Pork Tacos: Well this is one of my favorite things to make. I bring in the center rack with me to place pork. Chef Tom is bringing back his Smoked Pork Tacos with Pineapple Chipotle Salsa, originally cooked for the South Beach Wine & Food Festival! Smoked Pork Tacos with Pineapple Chipotle Salsa.