Green Salsa. This green salsa recipe is so easy to make, it's deliciously flavorful, and it makes a delicious topping to your favorite Mexican food. Or simply serve it with chips for a perfect party appetizer or dinner side dish. For today video I am showing you my version of Salsa Verde and different tips on how to make the best consistency of salsa for the desired need.
You can use tomatillos that look like small green tomatoes and are covered in a papery. These green chicken enchiladas are so simple to make. With salsa verde, chicken, sour cream, cheese, and cilantro, they are a tasty, quick, and easy dinner. You can have Green Salsa using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green Salsa
- It’s 2 of poblano peppers, blackened and skinned.
- You need 4 of medium tomatillos, quartered.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of cilantro.
- It’s 1 tbs of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Knorr's Chicken Flavor Bouillon.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of oregano.
Jump to the Chicken Enchiladas Recipe. Green sauce or greensauce is a family of cold, uncooked sauces based on chopped herbs, including the Spanish and Italian salsa verde, the French sauce verte, the German Grüne Soße or Frankfurter Grie Soß (Frankfurt dialect), the British mint sauce and greensauce. What makes this salsa green in the use of tomatillos (toe-maw-tea-ohs, which, by the way, are NOT green tomatoes For more info: Tomatillos!). They have a great flavor that many people have yet to.
Green Salsa step by step
- Blacken the poblano peppers by either grilling them or directly placing on a gas burner until all sides of the pepper's skin is black. Then place them in a concealed plastic bag to allow the skin to steam off. Set aside..
- Saute tomatillos, onion, garlic and olive oil on medium low heat for 30 minutes. The tomatillos will turn to an olive green color. If the vegetables start to stick to the pan add a 1/4 cup of water..
- Meanwhile, peel the the skin from the blackened peppers and remove the seeds and stems..
- In a blender, puree cilantro, blackened poblano peppers and roasted vegetables with their juices. This will have to happen in shifts. If liquid is needed, add water.
- Heat up vegestable oil on medium high, add the puree, chicken bouillon, cumin and oregano. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Enjoy!.
This creamy avocado green salsa is made with raw ingredients and is very common in central México where it is used for tacos "Al Pastor", carnitas or other grilled meats. This Sweet Salsa Verde takes just minutes to make and adds a sweet taste to your savory meal. Try our delicious salsa verde recipe with tarragon, parsley, capers and wild garlic. This herby green sauce is perfect with traditional roast chicken and fish. This Mexican green salsa is vibrant, bold and full of fresh flavor!