Green chicken enchilada casserole. Everything You Love About Chicken Enchiladas And Casseroles Combined Into One Tasty Dinner Dish. This Simple Recipe Is A Crowd Pleaser And Will Become One Of Your Weekly Dinner Rotations. It doesn't get any easier than these chicken enchiladas, they're creamy, cheesy and perfect!
LOVE this easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole recipe! It's made with the best homemade enchilada sauce, and layered with corn tortillas, cheese, beans, and your favorite fillings. Corn tortilla, shredded chicken, block of cheese, green chile, and a spoonful of the sauce, roll and repeat until the baking dish is full of rolled I cover my chicken enchiladas with the sauce just right before baking so they are crisp when done. You can have Green chicken enchilada casserole using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green chicken enchilada casserole
- Prepare of tomatillo salsa.
- It’s 16 of tomatillos.
- Prepare 1/4 of large onion.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 2 dash of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need dash of vinegar.
- It’s of chicken.
- Prepare 5 cup of Homemade chicken broth, canned chicken broth, or water.
- It’s 10 piece of chicken, thighs and legs shredded.
- You need 1/2 bunch of cilantro.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of monterey jack cheese.
- You need 1 packages of corn tortillas.
I use some cheddar and Monterey sprinkled on top in the. This chicken enchilada casserole is creamy cheesy perfection and it's so easy to throw together since everything is layered together instead of rolled. You can get creative with this and use taco meat or ground chicken if you prefer. Adding in some diced jalapeno in place of the green chiles will spice the.
Green chicken enchilada casserole instructions
- For green tomatillo salsa, remove shell and wash. In medium saucepan and one cup water, tablespoon of salt, 2 cloves of garlic and tomatillos. Cook on medium high for approximately 15-20 or until tomatillos begin to get soft. NOT squsihy..
- While the veggies cook, put chicken to boil on medium. If you are using water you will need to season your chicken with s&p, garlic , onion, cumin and cilantro. Or you could always use a chicken bullion cube either Knorr or Goya adobo all purpose seasoning. Your chicken needs to have flavor. Cook approximately 30 min or until done..
- Remove tomatillos, onion and garlic put in blender and add 1/2 cup cilantro, 2 teaspoons of salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and a dash of vinegar. Blend until smooth you do not want it to be chunky. Make sure to taste it to see if you need to adjust this seasoning. Once blended it makes roughly 3 1/2 cups of salsa, set aside.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred then add 1/2 cup of the green salsa and mix. At this point you want to taste the chicken and make sure it has enough salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 400.
- To begin layering warm up corn tortillas no more than 10 to 15 seconds you just want them to be playable. put about a teaspoon of vegetable oil on the bottom of the pan you will put the casserole in this helps to keep the tortilla crunchy on the bottom.Put one layer of chicken and some green salsa on top and add a sprinkle of shredded Monterey jack cheese. Repeat until you have filled the pan..
- Bake at 400 for 35 minutes..
My family loves green chili chicken enchiladas. But all that frying, filling and rolling tortillas can take a lot of time. I wanted to be able to make something my That is why I love this green chili chicken enchilada casserole. It tastes just like the enchiladas you love and remember, but takes less time to. But this creative recipe for Green Chile and Chicken Mock Enchilada Casserole is a lower-carb option than most enchilada casseroles of this type.