Beer Brats & Rice.
You can cook Beer Brats & Rice using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beer Brats & Rice
- It’s 3 of beer brats; small dice.
- You need 2 C of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 C of medium grain rice.
- It’s 1 C of tomatillo salsa.
- It’s 3 of green tomatoes; seeded & small dice.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic; minced.
- You need 2 T of butter.
- You need 2 of avocadoes; small dice.
- You need 1 stalk of celery; small dice.
- It’s 1 of jalapeño; minced.
- Prepare 1 bundle of cilantro; chiffonade.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion; small dice.
- It’s 1/2 of orange bell pepper; small dice.
- Prepare 1 t of dried Mexican oregano.
- You need as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
- It’s as needed of olive oil.
Beer Brats & Rice instructions
- Also needed: 1 lime; cut into 4 wedges.
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a large, tall saute pan..
- Heat chicken stock to a simmer in s separate sauce pot..
- Add sausage. Spread it out so they don't touch. Season with salt, pepper, and Mexican oregano. Do not stir. Sear one side nicely. About 1-2 minutes..
- Add onions, bell pepper, celery, and jalapeños with a pinch of salt. Stir..
- When sausage is nearly fully browned, add 2 T butter, green tomatoes, and garlic. Stir. Cook 30 seconds..
- Add rice. Stir a few times. Cook 1 minute..
- Add tomatillo salsa. Cook 20 seconds..
- Add stock. Stir. Bring to a simmer. Cover. Cook approximately 25 minutes or until water is no longer running to the side while tilting the pan. Do not remove the lid. Remove pot from heat and let steam, untouched, 10 minutes..
- Tip: If water is still visibly running in the pan while tilting after 25 minutes, crank the heat to full blast ehile constantly moving and shaking the pan…without lifting the lid. (You need s glass cover for this, but not necessarily to make the recipe!).
- Fold in cilantro. Serve with lime wedge. If it is too spicy, serve with crema..
- Variations; Salsa verde, vegetable stock, vegetable oil, canola oil, bacon fat, beer, other types of sausages, cheddar, cheddar jack, mexican shredded cheese blend, queso fresco, cotija, chihuahua, goat cheese, lime zest, grapefruit, roasted garlic or bell peppers or tomatoes, thyme, coriander seed, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, parsely, poblano, ancho chile, chipotle, serrano, guajillo chile, eggplant, fennel, zucchini, sofrito, yellow squash, scallions, cumin, paprika, smoked paprika, smoked or roasted chiles, pork stock, ham stock, ham hock, ham, pigeon peas, corn, tomato, spinach, arugula, tamarind, tomato salsa, ghee, tequila, mojo crillo, mole, apple cider vinegar, allspice, chicken, pork, fish.