Chunky Salsa Verde.
You can have Chunky Salsa Verde using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chunky Salsa Verde
- You need 1.5 lb of tomatillos; husked.
- It’s 2 of jalapenos; seeded.
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion; small dice.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of lime; juiced.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro; rough chop.
- It’s 1 of small pinch sugar.
- It’s as needed of kosher salt.
- You need as needed of cold water.
Chunky Salsa Verde instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Quarter tomatillos. Add just enough oil to cover. Spread around the edge of a baking tray lined with parchment paper. (Pro roasting tip).
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes or until tomatillos are tender. Transfer to a plate and place in fridge for approximately 30 minutes or until tomatillos are cooled down. (Adding to blender while hot will discolor the sauce).
- Combine tomatillos, onion, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, and cilantro in the blender. Add sugar and a large pinch of salt. Add cold water as needed while blender is running until desired consistency of salsa..
- Variations; Chicken stock, vegetable stock, vegetable or canola oil, diced green chiles, roasted or raw green bell pepper, serrano, poblano, habanero, chives, scallions, parsley, white or yellow onions, pearl onions, lager beer, lemon, tequila blanco, white rum, avocado, epazote, jicama, mango, mint, olive oil, thyme, tomato, red wine vinegar, corn.