Chickpea Avocado Salsa.
You can cook Chickpea Avocado Salsa using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chickpea Avocado Salsa
- Prepare 2 cups of dried garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas) or two 15 oz. cans.
- You need 1 of red onion, diced.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lemon.
- It’s 1 of minced jalapeño pepper (for less heat remove the seeds).
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, roughly torn.
- Prepare 2 of avocados, cubed.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt (or to taste).
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
Chickpea Avocado Salsa step by step
- If using dried garbanzos, soak for 8 hours then simmer in same liquid on med/low heat until tender (about 45 minutes). Let cool..
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl, making sure to add the lemon juice promptly after the avocado to avoid browning.
- Stir gently, finish with salt and serve with chips, tortillas, pita or on a bed of greens..