Salsa Verde Chicken.
You can have Salsa Verde Chicken using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salsa Verde Chicken
- Prepare 3 of boneless skinless chix breasts.
- Prepare 4 cups of white rice (cooked according to package directions).
- You need 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- You need 3 of tomatillos.
- Prepare 1 of roma tomato.
- It’s 1/4 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño.
- You need 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
Salsa Verde Chicken step by step
- Start by boiling tomatillos, tomato & jalapeño until skin on tomatillos starts to fall off. Then put in blender with your onion, tsp of salt & 1/4 cup water(I always use the water I boiled my tomatillos in). Taste after blending & determine for yourself if it needs more salt. This is your salsa verde!.
- Then slice chicken breast so as to make 6 filets & lay at the bottom of your oven safe dish. Sprinkle olive oil, garlic powder, salt & pepper on your filets then turn over & do the same..
- Now pour half your salsa verde over the filets so as to coat them. Turn filets over & pour your other half of salsa verde over the other side of the filets. Place in the oven at 400° for 35-40 mins..
- After 35-40 mins are up, remove dish from the oven & sprinkle with mozzarella cheese (as much as you'd like😉). Place back into the oven to broil for 10 more mins..
- Remove from oven & serve over rice for a perfectly delicious dinner!👌Enjoy!.