Mexican Lime Soup with Chicken.
You can have Mexican Lime Soup with Chicken using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Lime Soup with Chicken
- It’s 2-3 of limes.
- It’s 2-3 of bone-in chicken breast halves or chicken legs with back attached.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of tground pepper.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of large white onion, chopped.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 8 oz. of diced green chiles (optional).
- You need 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp. of Ground cumin.
- You need 1 of avocado, peeled (sliced or chopped).
- Prepare of Shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
Mexican Lime Soup with Chicken step by step
- Cut one lime into 4 – 6 wedges and set aside for serving. Juice 1 – 2 limes to make 1/4 cup. (One big lime may be enough.).
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper..
- In a large soup pot, sauté the onion until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and diced chilies and cook for another minute or two..
- Add the chicken, broth, water, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper to the onion mixture..
- Increase the heat to high and bring the soup to a boil, skimming off any foam that rises to the surface. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover partially and simmer until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle, about 40 minutes..
- Remove the chicken from the soup and shred or cut into pieces. Gently stir the chicken back into the soup..
- Serve topped with shredded Monterey Jack cheese, avocado, and additional limes..