Easy Tomatillo Salsa Big Batch ( Approx. 3 QTS).
You can have Easy Tomatillo Salsa Big Batch ( Approx. 3 QTS) using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Tomatillo Salsa Big Batch ( Approx. 3 QTS)
- Prepare 30 each of Tomatillos (unhusked).
- It’s 1 each of whole large onion (any will suffice, I use yellow).
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 bunch of Fresh Cilantro ( leaves and the tender stems).
- You need 3 tbsp of fresh lime juice.
- It’s 1 of coarse sea salt.
- Prepare 3 each of Hot Peppers (jalapenos, Haberneros, etc).
- Prepare 1 cup of H2O.
Easy Tomatillo Salsa Big Batch ( Approx. 3 QTS) instructions
- After removing the Husks off the tomatillos,(mine were from my garden), wash them off so they don't feel sticky. Then rough chop them. Set in a bowl to the side..
- Skin the onion. Then rough chop it as well. Put in a bowl. And peel the garlic cloves. Put them in the same bowl. If you prefer you may chop them..
- Pick through and wash the cilantro. Set aside. Now it's your own decision as if you prefer spicy or not. If not skip to step five..
- Wearing gloves is a must if you must split your peppers of choice and take out the seeds. I leave them whole myself. Deseeding takes away from the heat if you ask me..
- In a food processor, with the chopping blade in, fill it with tomatillos, onions, garlic, cilantro, and peppers to about three quarters from the top of the vessel. Put the lid on and pulse chop until it looks like thick green mush..
- Now on full chop, add the lime juice, and water to your desired consistency. Some times I just add the lime juice and no water because it makes it's own liquid in the process. It's really up to the individual's personal preference..
- Salt it to taste..