Chipotle Chicken Stuffed Bell Pepper.
You can have Chipotle Chicken Stuffed Bell Pepper using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chipotle Chicken Stuffed Bell Pepper
- It’s 2 of yellow bell peppers.
- You need 1 C of shredded chicken.
- It’s 1/2 C of long grain rice.
- Prepare 1 C of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/2 C of tomato salsa.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic; minced.
- It’s 2 slices of bacon; small dice.
- You need 1 C of shredded mexican blend cheese.
- It’s 1/2 of onion; small dice.
- Prepare 5 oz of chipotle salsa.
- Prepare 1/3 C of black beans; rinsed and drained.
- You need as needed of kosher salt and black pepper.
Chipotle Chicken Stuffed Bell Pepper instructions
- Slowly render bacon fat in a medium sized sauce pot over medium-low heat. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and pat dry between paper towels..
- Bring chicken stock to a simmer in a seperate sauce pot..
- Saute onion in bacon fat until nearly caramelized, about 5 minutes..
- Turn heat to high. Add rice and garlic. Stir. Saute 30 seconds. Add regular salsa. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir..
- Add chicken stock. Bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer on low 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand covered 5 minutes. Do not remove lid prior. A clear lid is the best tool for cooking rice..
- Remove the top of the bell pepper just far enough from the top of the pepper where the sliced top will remain intact. Discard stem..
- Slice the bottom of each bell pepper just enough to create a flat bottom so the pepper can stand upright, try not to remove too much of the bottom of the bell pepper as to avoid making a hole through the pepper..
- In a mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken, bacon, cooked rice, beans, cheese, and chipotle salsa with a large pinch of salt..
- Stuff bell pepper with chicken mixture. Stand up in saute pan or small roasting pan. Add crumbled aluminum foil balls to fill space in pan to prevent pepper from moving if necessary..
- Add water to cover the bottom of the pan. Cover and roast approximately 45 minutes at 350º or until peppers are wilted and mixture is slightly bubbling..
- Alternatively, for a less crispy bell pepper roast the peppers with a tiny bit of vegetable oil rubbed on the pepper at 400º for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until the peppers begin to soften..
- Variations: Corn, jalapeno, cilantro, goat cheese, cotija cheese, lime juice, spinach, tequila, adobo, white pepper, apple cider vinegar, avocado, poblano, habanero, ground jalapeño powder, coriander seed, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, crushed pineapple, mango, peach-mango salsa, red/orange/yellow bell pepper, roasted bell pepper trio, sofrito, red onion, pearl onions, peas, mushroom, sesame seeds, tamarind, tomatillo salsa, grilled pineapple or corn, zucchini, yellow squash, scallions, chives, cumin, Mexican oregano, pinto beans, chickpeas, chihuahua cheese, queso fresco, serrano, ancho chile, orange zest, tomato, fire roasted tomatoes, diced green chiles, coconut, roasted garlic, arugula, swiss, grilled scallions, smoked cumin, smoked paprika, applewood seasoning, oregano, pepperjack, monterey jack, salsa verde, nopalitos, shredded beef or pork, raspberries, pomegranate, strawberries, rum, brandy, jicama, honey,.