Barbacoa Tacos w/ Cilantro Lime Salsa.
You can have Barbacoa Tacos w/ Cilantro Lime Salsa using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Barbacoa Tacos w/ Cilantro Lime Salsa
- It’s 2 lb of beef roast.
- You need 1 of jalapeño pepper, diced.
- It’s 1 of small white onion, diced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 can of beef stock.
- You need 1 packet of slow cooker sauce.
- Prepare of Cumin.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Black pepper/salt.
- It’s of Soft Corn tortillas.
- Prepare of salsa—–.
- It’s 1 of large tomato.
- You need 1 of white onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of jalapeño, cleaned and de seeded.
- Prepare of Fresh cilantro.
Barbacoa Tacos w/ Cilantro Lime Salsa step by step
- Cut roast into large chunks. Salt and pepper the chunks. Preheat the oil in a large pan and brown the roast chunks. Probably about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove to a separate bowl..
- Add the diced onions and jalapeños to the still hot pan with the beef juices you got from browning the beef. Add some of your spices. Sauté until the mixture becomes fragrant. Again, probably 3-5 minutes. Add 2/3 of your can of beef stock. Stir till simmering. Put the beef back into the pan. Let simmer about 5 minutes or so while mixing well..
- Put the rest of the beef stock into the slow cooker on high. Add the entire pan of beef/veggie mixture to the slow cooker. Add the packet of slow cooker sauce. Cover. Cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally..
- After the 2 hours spoon out the beef chunks with a slotted spoon onto a plate. Break up the beef so it looks shredded. Remove any large chunks of fat. Spoon out all but about a cups worth of the liquid in the crock. Put the now shredded beef back into slow cooker and lower temp to low or warm. Add a bit more spices and mix well. Let that sit for about another hour or so..
- For the salsa I just took all the salsa ingredients, chopped them into chunks, and put it in the food chopper. If you don't have one just dice them and put it into a bowl and mix. For the lime juice I used about half of one of those fake plastic limes with juice in it..
- Warm the tortillas on the stovetop, spoon a generous portion of the beef, top with the fresh salsa and enjoy! This barbacoa beef is tender and full of flavors, the fresh salsa only compliments the smokeyness of the meat..