Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas. One Of Our Favorite Mexican Dishes – Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas Recipe!! August is my favorite time of the year, its Green Chile time!! Im going to show you how to make the best Green Chicken Enchiladas in the whole world!
Green chile is harvested when ripe, and red chile is from chile left on the vine or tied up in RISTRAS to dry out and become red chile. If it is going to be an especially large group, I leave out the chicken and just make several trays of green chile cheese enchiladas. Green Chile Enchiladas Recipe with tender chicken, tasty green sauce, cheese, and sour cream, gets baked in the oven until bubbly and golden Look no further than this recipe for Green Chicken Chile Enchiladas! You can have Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- You need 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded.
- It’s 1 tsp of kosher salt, divided.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of extra-virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2 of small red, yellow or orange bell pepper, cored and diced.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 cups of reduced fat shredded Monterey jack or Mexican blend cheese, divided.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of plain non-fat Greek yogurt.
- It’s 2 (4 ounce) of cans diced green chilies, drained.
- Prepare 8 (7 inch) of whole wheat flour tortillas.
- Prepare of For serving: diced fresh tomato, fresh cilantro, diced avocado, diced red onion, as desired.
While they don't necessarily look pretty, thanks in part to the green enchilada. Green Chicken Enchiladas – Salsa verde, green chiles, leftover rotisserie chicken and Monterey Jack cheese make for the best weeknight enchiladas ever! So whenever I stop by this TPF, I order two things: a California burrito and green chicken enchiladas. I never deviate from this order.
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x 13 inch casserole dish with baking spray and set aside..
- If you chicken is not yet cooked: Place the chicken breast in a single layer in the bottom or a large pot. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp kosher salt, then fill the pan with water, just until it comes 1 inch above the chicken. Bring the water and chicken to a boil over medium high heat. As soon as the water boils, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, then simmer just until the the chicken is cooked through and reaches 165 degrees F at its thickest part, about 10-14 minutes depending upon the size. Begin checking the chicken at the 8-minute mark so that it does not over cook. Remove the chicken from the liquid. Let rest until cool enough to handle, then shred..
- To make the enchiladas: heat oil in a large skillet or saute pan on medium heat. Once the oil is warm, add the peppers and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften and the onions become translucent, about 8-10 minutes..
- to the skillet, add the shredded chicken, 1/2 tsp salt, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and black pepper. Stir to coat evenly, then remove the skillet from the heat and let cool..
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of the cheese, Greek yogurt and green chilies. Once chicken and veggie mixture has cooled to nearly room temperature, add it to the bowl with the yogurt mixture and stir to coat evenly..
- To assemble the enchiladas: Fill each tortilla with a slightly heaping 1/2 cup of the chicken-yogurt mixture. Roll closed and placed in the prepared dish, seam side down. Repeat for the remaining enchiladas. Pour the green enchilada sauce over the top, cover the pan, then bake for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, uncover, and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 additional minutes, until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with desired toppings and enjoy..
These green chile chicken enchiladas are made with shredded chicken and plenty of cheese, all rolled up in corn tortillas and smothered with green chile sauce. This enchilada recipe is sure to become a family favorite! These Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas have the perfect combination of flavors. Shredded chicken, savory salsa verde, and Monterey Jack cheese is a But, with this green chile chicken enchiladas recipe, I wanted to make everything from scratch and make them a healthier, lighter version of a. It doesn't get any easier than these chicken enchiladas, they're creamy, cheesy and perfect!