You can have Enchiladas Verdes using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Enchiladas Verdes
- Prepare 1 pound of Tomatillos.
- You need 1 of jalapeño.
- It’s 1/4 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s 1/4 of of a bunch of cilantro.
- You need 1 of Knorr chicken bouillon cube.
- It’s 12 of corn tortillas.
- It’s of Water.
- You need of Cheese (Mozzarella, Monterrey, your choice).
- It’s of Shredded Chicken (to replace cheese as a filling).
- It’s of Lettuce (optional).
- It’s of Sour Cream (optional).
Enchiladas Verdes instructions
- Peel tomatillos and remove stems from jalapeño(s) and wash under warm water..
- Place tomatillos & jalapeño pepper(s) in a pot with water (enough water to cover them)..
- Bring to boil, continue boiling until tomatillos change color (bright green to dull green)..
- Strain tomatillos and peppers and place in blender with ¼ onion, 1 garlic glove, and 1 Knorr cube and about 1/4 cup of water..
- Cover veggies in blender about in inch with water (or if you have chicken broth that would be awesome!).
- Blend all ingredients until pureed.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of oil in frying/sauce pan and allow to get hot..
- Pour pureed ingredients in hot oil and allow to simmer. Lower heat just to maintain salsa warm..
- In another frying pan, pour oil and allow to get HOT, slightly fry tortillas (one-by-one, this is just to soften them so they are more manageable)…put aside on paper towel.
- Place on plates and fill with shredded chicken or cheese or BOTH, and roll. Then, pour salsa verde over them!!.
- Optional, but really better if: Enchiladas were topped with cut up lettuce, shredded cheese, and SOUR chicken CREAM, and more salsa!!) ** I love these with a side of refried beans (if I do not have any homemade, I just buy the Bush’s RB! The fact.