You can cook Enchilada Rojas using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Enchilada Rojas
- You need of SAUCE….
- You need 8 of pulla chiles.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of roma tomato.
- It’s of ENCHILADA….
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 pack of corn tortillas.
- You need 2 tsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of TOPPINGS….
- You need 1/2 head of shredded lettuce.
- It’s 1/2 of minced onion.
- Prepare 1 package of mexican crumble cheese.
- Prepare of SALSA VERDE….
- You need 3 of tomatillos.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt.
Enchilada Rojas instructions
- Start by boiling your chicken (add salt & chicken flavor bouillon for more taste-optional). Once chicken is done, shred it, adding salt & pepper to taste. Set aside… DO NOT DUMP THE WATER THAT THE CHICKEN BOILED IN!.
- Then start your sauce by removing the seeds from the chiles & placing the chiles in a bowl with hot chicken broth (the water used to bowl the chicken). Completely submerse the chiles, roma tomato (sliced in half). Let sit for 10 mins so as to soften the dried chiles..
- Now put the chiles, broth & tomato into a blender. Add garlic clove & a pinch of salt. Blend! (There will be flakes from the chiles but that's to be expected).
- In a small sauce pan on the stove, pour your blender mix over a strainer (like the one I have in the picture below)to catch all the chile flakes. Turn on low heat..
- In a seperate skillet, grease bottom with vegetable oil & turn on medium heat. Take a corn tortilla & dip into the chile sauce, then place in greased skillet to fry. While frying, place a little bit of shredded chicken on one half of the tortilla & gently fold the other side over with a tongs, so as to make your first enchilada. Keep repeating these steps until the chicken is gone..
- Now for the salsa verde…boil tomatillos, jalapeño & clove of garlic. When finished boiling, add to blender with cilantro, a little onion, 2 tbsp salt & a cup of the water it all boiled in. Blend..
- Garnish your enchiladas with onion, lettuce & mexican crumble cheese. Serve & enjoy!.