sour cream and cheese enchiladas. We have the easiest Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas Recipe packed with chicken, cheese and sour cream sauce. These are the best Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas. Melt butter in a medium Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and green chilies.
Sour cream and chicken fill these quick and easy enchiladas. My daughter who is super picky about her food raved about it! So I decided to make a homemade chicken enchiladas recipe that captured everything I love about this Mexican dish. You can have sour cream and cheese enchiladas using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of sour cream and cheese enchiladas
- It’s 12 oz of can cream of mushroom.
- You need 12 oz of can cream of chicken.
- Prepare 4 oz of can of chopped green chillies.
- Prepare 8 oz of tub of sour cream.
- You need 1 small of onion finely chopped.
- It’s 14 of corn tortillas.
- You need 1 lb of med or sharp cheddar grated.
When I think of enchiladas, three things come to mind: the sauce, the filling, and cheese. The sour cream enchiladas were stuffed with shredded chicken that had been spiced with generous amounts of salt and black pepper, a simple blend that still had flavor. They're cheesy, sour creamy enchiladas straight from an old church cookbook of my mama's. I added a little cayenne for some spice (I'm always doing that) and I loved the way they The filling is nice: the sour cream and cheese melt together to create a nice texture.
sour cream and cheese enchiladas instructions
- In medium bowl mix cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, sour cream, green chilies and salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- On stove put a quarter inch of corn oil in med frying pan and fry tortillas for only 2 seconds each side of 375°F oil.
- in a large casserole dish spoon in several spoonfuls of the mixture on bottom and coat lightly.
- in casserole dish place tortilla and spoon in about 4 tablespoons of mixture some cheese and a few minced onions and roll up tortilla pushing to the side repeat with each tortilla 10 across long ways and 4 on side.
- sure you leave enough extra mixture 2 layer the top of rolled tortillas also with the left over onions and cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes covered with aluminum foil.
- After casserole is good and bubbly take off aluminum foil turn on broiler and broil until lightly golden brown (or use a torch).
- let cool for 20 before serving and enjoy.
Not too cheesy, not too creamy. With salsa verde, chicken, sour cream, cheese, and cilantro, they are a tasty, quick, and easy dinner. Jump to the Chicken Enchiladas Recipe or watch our It's the sour cream that makes the sauce so creamy. Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas are a favorite of mine. This Tex Mex classic is an easy dish to put together for a weeknight meal.