Enchiladas Rojas. Enchiladas Rojas is one of those dishes that are cooked differently in every home. Each cook has his/her own recipe, so this is my own version based on my mom's way of cooking them. Here is a simple and fresh way to make chicken enchiladas.
Try these enchiladas rojas and get more recipes, inspiration and ideas on Food.com. This is my sister-in-law's recipe for wonderful chicken enchiladas with red sauce. I've been sitting on this post for three months now. You can cook Enchiladas Rojas using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Enchiladas Rojas
- Prepare of Tortillas.
- Prepare 1 of chicken breast.
- You need 1 lb of Queso Fresco (los altos is 👌🏼).
- You need 3 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 5 of chiles Nuevo México (flat, red and long).
- You need 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s 1/2 of red onion.
- Prepare 1 of Roma lettuce.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- It’s 1 of Cucumber.
- Prepare of Vegetable Oil.
I tested the enchilada sauce back in August, and it just seems like I kept forgetting that I had this recipe in the. I've written a lot about Enchiladas before trying to sort out the absolute mess in which this dish has been placed by general misconceptions, tex-mex. By Paul Stephen, Staff writer Sep. Once you master this classic red enchilada sauce, you may never buy a canned.
Enchiladas Rojas instructions
- Boil water in a pot, and heat 2 out of your 3 tomatoes, and your 5 chiles Nuevo México.
- Boil water in a separate medium pot and boil 1 chicken breast or 2 halves with salt to taste and a 1/4 of an onion…. cook throughly, roughly about 45 mins.
- Blend your heated tomatoes with your Nuevo México Chiles and the garlic clove, and add salt to taste..
- In a skillet, heat up a little bit of oil and add your blended mixture (you can strain it for no seeds, I don't do it tho) Simmer for about 1-2 mins on medium high.
- Chop up your Roma lettuce to top of your enchiladas with, cut your 1 tomato in juliets, slice your onion in juliets, and slice your cucumber in thin circles or halves. Set aside until your enchiladas are ready to be topped with..
- Crumble your Queso Fresco in a bowl and have ready to top your enchiladas with it😋.
- If your sour cream is too thick you can add milk to make it a little more runny, set aside until enchiladas are ready.
- Drain and shred your chicken breast.
- And now the ENCHILADAS!!!.
- Choice number 1: a good Mexican enchilada usually is prepped by heating oil in a skillet, dipping each tortilla one by one in your enchilada sauce and AFTER, heating it in your heated vegetable oil and removing from heat once cooked; adding your shredded chicken, rolling and topping it off with the lettuce, tomato, cucumber, Queso Fresco and sour cream. HOWEVER KERP IN MIND THIS IS VERY MESSY BUT SO GOOD! Your oil will splatter everywhere because of the chile sauce on your tortilla!! ⚠️⚠️⚠️.
- Choice Number 2: heat up your oil in a skillet, dip raw tortilla WITHOUT the sauce, cook softly throughly and dip your cooked tortilla into heated enchilada sauce after (this avoids the splatter, but it's not the "Mexican way" to make them lol. They're still very very good!!.
- Which ever way you choose to make them, stuff with your shredded chicken, roll, and top with your veggies, sour cream, and queso 👌🏼.
- TIP: I heat up all my tortillas in the oil, and dip into sauce after to avoid the splatter, place my wet and cooked tortillas on a plate, pile about 8 and then stop and roll them instead of making one tortilla and rolling. It's faster and less messy this way!.
- Serve Hot and Enjoy.
Aprende a preparar Enchiladas rojas de queso con esta rica y fácil receta. Las enchiladas son un plato tradicional de México, una de esas recetas que se cocinan diferente en cada casa. Las enchiladas rojas de pollo es una receta mexicana casera, ideal para desayunar en fin de semana con tú familia. Las enchiladas son una preparación muy sabrosa, con un sabor casero delicioso. Se necesita un sartén grande para hacer las enchiladas, una olla profunda para cocer los chiles y una extendida para guisar la salsa.