[Mexican Cuisine] Enchiladas (Burritos).
You can cook [Mexican Cuisine] Enchiladas (Burritos) using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of [Mexican Cuisine] Enchiladas (Burritos)
- Prepare 4 of Tortillas (17 cm).
- Prepare 200 grams of Pork (or beef or chicken).
- Prepare 2 of Green peppers.
- It’s 1/2 medium of Onion.
- You need 1 of Jalapeño pepper (or red chili pepper).
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of for frying Oil.
- You need of For the sauce:.
- It’s 400 grams of Canned tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/2 medium of Grated onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cumin powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Chili powder.
- You need 5 of shakes Dried Mexican oregano.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Chocolate syrup.
- You need 1 tbsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Pepper.
- Prepare of Toppings:.
- It’s 1 of Sliced black olives.
- It’s 1 small of Tomato.
- It’s 200 ml of Pizza cheese (or cheddar).
- Prepare 1 of Fresh coriander.
- Prepare 1 of Sour cream (or yogurt with lemon juice).
[Mexican Cuisine] Enchiladas (Burritos) instructions
- Cut the pork, bell peppers, and onion into 1 cm-wide bite-sized slices. Grate the garlic. Slice the jalapeño peppers into rounds..
- Stir-fry the vegetables etc. from Step 1 in a frying pan. Season with salt and pepper. After they are cooked, add the ingredients of the sauce in the listed order. *Taste to adjust the amount of salt..
- Lightly grease a baking dish. Fold the 4 tortillas in half and line them up. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F..
- Divide the vegetables from Step 2 into fourths. Use tongs to fill the tortillas and fold both ends. Pour the remaining sauce from Step 2 over the top..
- Top with cheese, tomato, and black olives in that order. Bake in the oven until the cheese gets bubbly (approximate 8 minutes)..
- Decorate with fresh coriander and enjoy! Dish it up and serve with sour cream..
- Enjoy with salads or side vegetables..
- [My Husband's Creation] Also simple and tasty without any sauce. He's also added tomatoes into the filling as well as used them as topping..
- [My Husband's Creation] Enchilada arranged on a dish..