Birria de Res on Crockpot.
You can have Birria de Res on Crockpot using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Birria de Res on Crockpot
- It’s 5 of Chiles California.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic Clove.
- Prepare 3 of Bay Leaves.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Cumin.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Water.
- You need 1 of Chile De Arbol.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Oregano.
- You need 3 of Avocado Leaves.
- You need 1 of large piece of Chuck Roast.
- It’s 4 lbs of Chuck Roast.
Birria de Res on Crockpot instructions
- Begin with toasting all the dry chiles (California and Arbol).
- Boil 2 cups of water, add Your toasted chiles and bring to a boil..
- Place your wet chiles in a blender, add the 1 chipotle adobado, 1 garlic clove, 2 teaspoons of oregano, 1 teaspoon of cumin, 4 tablespoons of salt or to taste and add 1/2 a cup of that boiled water to blend all together..
- In a cutting board, dice your meat into about 2×2 inch cubes, add salt and pepper to taste, (be generous, the meat will release natural juices and will need salt).
- Once your meat has salt and pepper to your taste, add the marinate to it and mix it together well. Let it sit overnight in a refrigerator or for at least 4 hours to get the flavor in the meat..
- 4+ hours later, set your crockpot on Low for about 14-16 hours and set the meat in there over night so you're food can be ready the next day in the morning. Add Bay leaves and avocado leaves on top for flavor..
- 14+ hours later. Your meat has released natural juices and the adobo, and is now ready to be consumed. Enjoy.