Easy Taco Soup.
You can cook Easy Taco Soup using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Taco Soup
- You need 3 lb of ground chuck.
- Prepare 3 packages of taco seasoning.
- You need 2 can of black beans, drained.
- You need 2 can of kidney beans, drained.
- Prepare 2 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 can of whole kernel corn, undrained.
- You need 46 oz of tomato juice.
- You need 1 of salt & pepper.
Easy Taco Soup step by step
- Brown ground chuck in large stock pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drain off any fat from meat and return meat to pot.
- Pour black and kidney beans (4 cans total) into collander and drain. Rinse beans with cold water if needed. Sometimes canned beans like these will contain thick juice..
- Add drained and rinsed beans to cooked meat in stock pot..
- Add the 3 packets of taco seasoning to meat and beans..
- Pour diced tomatoes and whole kernel corn (4 cans total) into stock pot, including the liquid in these cans. DO NOT DRAIN..
- Pour 46 ounces of tomato juice into stock pot..
- Stir all ingredients together and bring to a simmer, letting it cook on medium low for 30 minutes or so. (I taste at this point and add extra seasoning if needed or even an extra packet of taco seasoning. This is totally according to your taste preferences.).
- NOTE: instead of putting all ingredients in a stock pot, you can add them to a large slow cooker and cook on LOW for 4 hours or HIGH for 2 hours. (Meat should still be browned on the stove before putting in slow cooker.).
- This makes a HUGE pot of taco soup, great for a large get together or pot luck supper. Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips..