Shredded Mexican Chicken soup or Tacos.
You can have Shredded Mexican Chicken soup or Tacos using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shredded Mexican Chicken soup or Tacos
- Prepare 3 lb of drumb sticks or thighs.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Salsa.
- It’s 1 can of chopped green chili.
- You need 1 tsp of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cummin.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatos.
- Prepare 1 can of kidney beans. (drained and rinsed).
- It’s 1/2 can of whole kernel corn drained.
- It’s 1 small of bunch chopped fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of Hot sauce to taste.
Shredded Mexican Chicken soup or Tacos instructions
- Thaw chicken.
- Slice onion, chop and seed jalapeno, (leave seed if you like it spicy!) lay on the bottom of your crock pot or medium pot..
- In a small bowl combine dry seasoning and sprinkle over all the chicken.
- Add chicken on top of onion.
- Pour salsa, green chilli, beans and corn over chicken..
- Add about a 1/4 cup of water and turn to med-high in a crock pot. If cooking on stove turn to low. Cook for 4 hours or until chicken falls off the bone..
- Shred chicken and return to pot. if making soup add cilantro and bring to boil then turn down to simmer for five minutes. Stir frequently to help break down chicken..
- If making tacos drain chicken in strainer and serve on tortillas. Add shredded lettuce, avocado, fresh cilantro and lime..
- Add hot sauce.