Caldo de Pescado con Camarón (Seafood Soup).
You can cook Caldo de Pescado con Camarón (Seafood Soup) using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caldo de Pescado con Camarón (Seafood Soup)
- You need 14 Cups of Water Drinking.
- You need 2 Tbs of Tomato Bouillon Knorr.
- Prepare 2 Cans of Tomato Sauce El Pato (or regular).
- It’s 6 of Bay Leaves.
- Prepare 3 of Celery Sticks.
- You need 2 lbs of Tilapia Fillet.
- It’s 1 lb of Shrimp.
- You need 8 of Tomatoes Roma.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- It’s 2 of Jalapeños.
- It’s 2 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 2 – 3 of Carrots.
- Prepare 2 – 3 of Potatoes.
- It’s 2 Tsps of Salt.
- It’s 2 Tsps of Pepper.
- It’s 2 Tsps of Garlic Salt.
- Prepare 4 Tbs of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Cilantro for topping.
- It’s 10 of key limes Mexican (juice).
- You need of Corn Tortillas (Optional).
Caldo de Pescado con Camarón (Seafood Soup) instructions
- Fill large soup pot with drinking water and boil whole celery sticks, bay leaves, tomato bullion and tomato sauce on medium for about 20 minutes or while preparing other ingredients..
- Defrost tilapia and shell shrimp..
- Quarter tomatoes, quarter onion and remove tail and seeds from jalapeños. Cook tomatos, onion, jalapenos and garlic cloves with 2 tbs olive oil on stove top until tomatoes are soft. Once onions are translucent, blend cooked ingredients with 1 cup drinking water. Set aside. This will be added to the broth later..
- Jullianne cut carrots, chop peeled potatoes into cubes and cook them with olive oil on stove top until potatoes soft. Set aside. This will also be added to the broth later..
- Remove bay leaves and celery sticks from boiling broth. Add blended tomato mixture and cooked carrots and potatoes to broth. Remove any floating tomato skins from broth..
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Let the broth re-boil after each time you add more salt. Taste again only after it has boiled to make sure the salt flavor is incorporated..
- When the broth is perfectly seasoned, add defrosted fish first, boil for a minute then add shrimp boil, for ONLY 3 Minutes..
- Remove from heat, serve with cilantro, lime juice and corn tortillas..