Cheesy Tortilla Soup.
You can cook Cheesy Tortilla Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Tortilla Soup
- It’s 1 lb of Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded. (I cooked mine in chicken broth for about 1/2 hour. Drained it, shredded perfectly).
- Prepare 1 envelope of fajita seasoning mix.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chopped onion.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 2 can of (14.5 oz. each) chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 can of Diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- It’s 1 can of Northern beans, rinsed and drained.
- It’s 1 cup of Cubed process cheese(Velveeta).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided.
- Prepare 1 cup of Half and half.
- It’s 1 of Chopped cilantro, tortilla strips, optional.
Cheesy Tortilla Soup step by step
- When the chicken is done cooking and you've shredded it, add fajita seasoning and set aside..
- In large sauce pan saute onion and butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth, bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly..
- Add tomatoes, beans, process cheese, and 1 cup Monterey jack; cook and stir until cheese is melted..
- Stir in half and half and chicken; heat through. Top with Monterey jack, cilantro, or tortilla strips if desired..