Bean "Salsa"tion Burger. Salsa Black Bean Burgers with just four ingredients you probably already have on hand – canned beans, oats, whole wheat flour, and salsa. You won't believe how easy they are to make and how much flavor they have. As a food blogger, I usually feel the pressure to make everything homemade.
You are likely to find one on our menu each week. Salsa and some pantry staples give this vegetarian bean burger recipe tons of flavor. We use crushed tortilla chips to bind the burgers together, making them a great vehicle for using up those crumbs that inevitably fall to the bottom of. You can have Bean "Salsa"tion Burger using 27 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bean "Salsa"tion Burger
- You need 500 gms of Beans of your choice (canned).
- You need 150 gms of Sweet corn (canned).
- It’s 100 gms of rice Over – cooked.
- It’s 1 of Onion small.
- Prepare 3 cloves of Garlic – 4.
- You need 1 of pepper small Jalapeño.
- It’s 1 of Paprika.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Coriander seeds.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Cumin seeds.
- You need 2 teaspoons of oregano Dried.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Chilly powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tablespoons of Coriander leaves (chopped).
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Lime zest.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Sunflower oil.
- It’s 1 of tomato Ripe.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 of pepper Jalapeño.
- You need 50 gms of Sweet corn (canned).
- You need 1 tablespoon of Coriander leaves (chopped).
- You need 1 tablespoon of Lime juice.
- It’s 1 1/2 tablespoons of Ketchup.
- You need of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need of avocado Ripe.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- You need of Iceberg lettuce.
These veggie burgers are a doddle to make and the toppings make them wonderfully moist – cook from frozen to save time, from BBC Good Food. Tip the beans into a large bowl, then roughly crush with a potato masher. Organic Grilled Black Bean Burger with Tomato and Lettuce. Bowl of grilled corn and black bean salsa isolated on white and viewed from above.
Bean "Salsa"tion Burger step by step
- Start by washing the beans off their salty brine. You can use any type of beans for this recipe. Here, I am using a mixture of black beans, red kidney beans and brown dutch beans in the ratio 1:1:1. Let the beans rest to drain any moisture left in them..
- Chop up the onion, jalapeño pepper, garlic and paprika really finely. You can also use a food processor for this step..
- Sauté the cut veggies in an open pan with oil over medium heat for about 7-8 minutes. Season this mixture with salt and pepper while you're at it. After this step, turn off the fire and let the mixture cool to room temperature..
- In a bowl, take the washed beans, rice and sautéed veggies. Mix the contents of the bowl well with your hands/potato masher. Then take half the mixture and pulverize in a blender/food processor. Return this back to the original mixture and combine well..
- In an itsy-bitsy tempering pan :), roast coriander and cumin seeds until fragrant. Once done, take it off the heat and add the dried oregano to the warm pan and mix to distribute the heat. When this spice mix is cooled to room temperature, grind it finely in a spice mixer/blender..
- Now, to the original patty mix, add 1) Chopped coriander, 2) Sweet corn, 3) Ground spices, 4) Chilly powder and 5) Lime zest. Mix this very well until uniformly combined. Now is the time to season the patty with salt and pepper..
- Oil your hands or use an ice-cream scoop to make patties based on the size of your bun, onto a plate lined with baking paper. Bear in mind that these are soft patties unlike the mushroom or falafel burgers and so you may want to make them slightly thicker. The measurements above yield four 1.5 cm thick patties. Once rolled out, refrigerate the patties open for at least an hour..
- Meanwhile, let's get to making the pico de gallo salsa. Finely chop the tomato, jalapeño pepper and onion and mix well in a bowl..
- Squeeze in the juice of half a lime and mix in chopped coriander, sweet corn and tomato ketchup..
- Season well with salt and a touch of pepper, mix well and refrigerate this mixture for at least 30 mins..
- By now you may have guessed, it's time to… prepare for assembly! Thinly slice your avocados and drizzle them with lemon juice to prevent them from going brown. Also, season them generously with salt. Toast your buns on a hot grill after brushing them with some oil..
- Brush some oil on the patties and grill them on a smoking hot grill pan for 1 minute on either sides. Then reduce the flame to a simmer and and drop some mozzarella cheese on the patty. Cook with a lid on for at least 8-10 minutes on low flame..
- Carefully lift the patty off the grill and assemble the burger. Serve with some tortilla chips and the rest of the salsa..
Fresh homemade salsa with tomatoes, red onions and cilantro, with a bowl of black beans and a beer in the background. Crispy Potato Rounds David's Recipes – Instead of serving ordinary burgers, why not serve something a little more exciting at your next summer barbecue. Black bean salsa on a veggie burger with lime garnish. Organic Grilled Black Bean Burger Veggie burger Craft burger is cooking on black background. Meanwhile, prepare black-bean salsa: Seed and dice tomato; remove peel and dice avocado.