Nasi Kunyit (Turmeric Glutinous Rice).
You can cook Nasi Kunyit (Turmeric Glutinous Rice) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nasi Kunyit (Turmeric Glutinous Rice)
- You need 1 kg of Glutinous rice.
- You need 1 tbsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 medium of Lime (juice).
- You need 4 clove of Garlic (minced).
- You need 350 ml of Coconut milk.
- You need 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 stick of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 clove of Star anis.
Nasi Kunyit (Turmeric Glutinous Rice) step by step
- Soak the glutinous rice + turmeric powder + lime juice for at least 8 hours..
- Strain the glutinous rice.
- Prepare the steam cooker. Put 1 stick cinnamon + star anis in the water..
- Put another 1 stick cinnamon together with the glutinous rice.
- Steam the glutinous rice around 20 minutes until the rice cooked.
- In the meantime boil the coconut milk + sugar + garlic.
- Add 3/4 of coconut milk to the cooked rice. Mix it well. The taste supposed to be sweet. If its not sweet enough add another sugar in coconut milk and pour all coconut milk and mix it..
- Shape it on the plate while its warm.