Linukay (sticky sweet rice). Steam or cook both black and white rice according to package diection, or using a rice cooker, mix both black and white glutinous sweet rice. Sticky Rice, or Khao Niew in Thai, is the quintessential grain of substance for North Eastern Thais, known as Isaan, and Laos. Sticky rice, a.k.a. glutinous rice, is a sweet Asian rice that becomes sticky when cooked.
According to Thai tradition sticky rice can put you fast asleep if more than a couple handfuls are eaten. It is meant to be formed into small balls that you make with your fingers. Sweetened coconut milk flavors sticky rice, which is then served with fresh mango in this deliciously refreshing take on the traditional Thai treat. You can cook Linukay (sticky sweet rice) using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Linukay (sticky sweet rice)
- You need 3 cup of black sweet rice.
- Prepare 3 cup of white sweet rice.
- Prepare 3 can of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 can of coconut cream.
- It’s 4 lb of brown sugar.
This wonderful and authentic-tasting Thai dessert is as good, if not better, than any sweet sticky rice with Mango available in Thai restaurants. Collection by Candy Litherland. · This delicious traditional Thai dessert combines coconut-scented sticky rice with a sweet coconut sauce and a topping of fresh, ripe mangoes. A wide variety of sticky sweet rice options are available to you, such as drying process, texture, and type. Thai sticky rice—also known as sweet rice—is delicious and can be paired with entrees and desserts.
Linukay (sticky sweet rice) step by step
- Steam or cook both black and white rice according to package diection, or using a rice cooker, mix both black and white glutinous sweet rice. Wash and drain. Add water using 1:1 ratio. 1c water for every cup of rice. Turn switch to on and wait for rice to cook. Rice is done when switch flips froom "cook" to "warm". Let stay for 5to 10 min for steam to ecaporate..
- Heat the coconut milk and coconut cream and the brown sugar in a big wok, stirring constantly..
- Once mixture starts to be bubbly, add the rice in..
- Using two spatulas, continue mixing until the coconut milk gets absorbed and starts to dry up. Lower heat to off..
- Serve warm. Enjoy :).
Learn an easy technique to cook it at home. Although in Thailand sticky rice is steamed in long funnel-like baskets, our method, even if it's not strictly authentic, gives extremely delicious rice and is. Foolproof instructions on how to make sticky rice without a rice cooker or special equipment. Our method makes perfect sticky rice every time! In addition to many savory dishes you may be familiar with, like zongzi (sticky rice dumplings) or shumai, sticky rice (also called sweet rice or glutinous.