Mango sticky rice sushi. So several years went by, and I started experimenting with Sushi. And I had an idea on how to CHEAT making sticky rice with mango. You can refrigerate the rice for some time, but you may need to warm it slightly to get it to an appropriate consistancy to mold into sushi or ball shapes.
This rice has a high starch content, so it's super sticky. If I couldn't find it, I'd probably use sushi rice. This mango sticky rice recipe requires just a few ingredients. You can have Mango sticky rice sushi using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mango sticky rice sushi
- Prepare 1/2 cup of jasmine rice.
- You need 1/2 cup of glutinous rice.
- You need 1 of mango.
- You need 4 of oreo cookies.
- It’s 3 tbsp of condensed milk.
- You need 4 tbsp of dessicated coconut.
- You need 4 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s Dash of cocoa powder.
Use the ripest mangoes you can find, good-quality coconut milk (avoid "lite" options), and Thai sweet rice. This Thai dessert of glutinous sticky rice, seasoned with salty-sweet coconut milk and served with tender, fragrant slices of mango, will make an Ataúlfo mangoes are a variety from Mexico that are much better than the Tommy Atkins variety usually sold. Thai sticky rice (also sold as "sweet" and. Avocado & Mango Brown Rice Sushi, a food drink post from the blog Love and Lemons, written by Love & Lemons on Bloglovin'.
Mango sticky rice sushi step by step
- Soak glutinous rice in cold water for a few hours.
- Cook both jasmine and glutinous rice (in a rice cooker or however you'd like).
- Peel and cut mango into 1cm by 1cm strips. Also cut into thin slices for topping..
- In a microwaveable bowl, combine brown sugar and coconut, microwave for 30s so the brown sugar is partially melted.
- In a food processor, pulverize oreos into a powder. Use a bag and fists if you must.
- When the rice is ready, mix in a few tablespoons a condensed milk until the desired texture is acheived. We don’t want a pudding texture, nor do we want individual grains..
- When the rice is properly combined, lay out a piece of plastic wrap on your sushi mat. Spread out the rice into a square, keeping the thickness to 0.5-1cm..
- Try to fill the square as much as possible, while allowing overflow space. Sprinkle the oreo crumbs on top until it’s evenly covered. Now take your mango strips and coconut mixture, and place in a line 2 inches near the edge of one side. The photo here replaces cranberry sauce but tbh coconut is better.
- Roll up one side while holding onto your fillings to avoid it from slipping. Tuck it around your filling, while pulling out the plastic wrap so it doesn’t get rolled in. Continue rolling, while evenly applying pressure to the roll. Once you get to the other side, give it a full roll to regain the circular shape..
- Slice (dip knife in water in between), and top with mango slices and a sprinkling of cocoa powder..
Sweet Thai Coconut Mango Sticky Rice Bites – This is a simplified recipe that has great flavor. Place glutinous rice in a large container and cover with several inches of cool water. Authentic recipe for mango sticky rice, a famous and super delicious Thai dessert! Mau merecook sticky mango rice nunggu musim mangga pas udah musim eh masih belum ada mangga mateng yg manis, pas semuanya sudah ada eh malah ada banyak kegiatan akhirnya setelah dapat surat cinta mamah langsung deh eksekusi mumpung lagi rajin tapi. Sticky rice and mango pud with coconut milk – a simple, heavenly Thai classic.