Seri Muka (Malay Ethnic Cuisine).
You can have Seri Muka (Malay Ethnic Cuisine) using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Seri Muka (Malay Ethnic Cuisine)
- Prepare of Glutinous Rice.
- It’s 500 g of rice soaked overnight.
- It’s 500 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Pandan Layer.
- You need 150 ml of Pandan Juice.
- Prepare 150 g of sugar.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- You need 100 g of wheat flour.
- It’s 400 ml of coconut milk.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Seri Muka (Malay Ethnic Cuisine) step by step
- Drain the rice, place it in a cake baking tray or any mold that has the similar depth. Add one pandan leaf. Mix the coconut milk with salt and add to the rice. The coconut milk should be very slightly above the rice. So watch it when you pour. Place it in the steamer for 25 mins or until it's cooked.
- Now once the rice is cooked stir well, remove the pandan leaf and press compactly on the baking mold. This is to ensure when we pour the pandan layer it does not slip through the rice.
- For the pandan layer. Add all the ingriedients and pulse in a blender. On top of a steamer, stir the mixture until it becomes thick. Then pour over the hot rice. Steam another 30 minutes..
- Cool it down before you can cut. Consume within 24 hours as it will go bad quickly. You may store in the fridge but the rice will become hard..