tofu dango. We making three types of Tofu Dango, Japanese sweet dumplings. Enjoy one of the healthiest Japanese sweets with soybean flour, black sesame seeds and sweet soy. We making three types of Tofu Dango, Japanese sweet dumplings.
Chewy, moist and creamy, you'd never guess this dreamy dessert was made from tofu. The white is dececated coconut and the black is black sesame! Made these using "Cooking with Dog" recipe for Tofu Dango! [link] You should try this out, its actually quite good! You can cook tofu dango using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of tofu dango
- Prepare 2/3 of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of black sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of soysauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of mirin.
- You need 2 tbsp of kinako soybean flour.
- Prepare 5 cup of caramelized onions.
- You need of 100gm.
- It’s 3 1/2 oz of soft silken tofu.
- It’s 3 1/2 oz of shiratamako sweet rice flour.
Dango is a general name for small ball-shaped mochi dumplings. Dango can be made from different types of flour like Mochiko or Shiratamako which are made from sweet rice, and Joshinko from. tofu dango with soybean flour, black sesame seeds and sweet soy sauce. You can substitute firm tofu for soft silken tofu, though the texture will be a little different. Mitarashi Dango (みたらし団子) is a type of dango, sweet rice dumplings, skewered onto a bamboo stick.
tofu dango step by step
- the frist topping is soybeen flour topping you add the 2 tbsp kinako soybeen flour and sugar mix in a dish to make the topping.
- the second topping finey grind the black sesame seeds after grinding it poor in a dish add in sugar mix well there your toping.
- now let's make the dango add the soft sliken tofu to the shiratamako sweet rice flour with your hands in a bowl add a litter water at a time if dry and crumbly intil it becomes easily workable make sure the dough is smooth.
- now will shape the dough into 27 dango pieces first divide into three equal pieces then repeat then repeat again make sure there geting smaller each time shape into a balls you should end up with 27 total.
- next put in boiling water at first the sink into the bottom then there rise to the top boil for for 1 to 2 more minutes then place them in ice water this will make it farmer and easier to handle..
- dry well then stick three dango pieces each on each bamboo skewer then put of the third of the skewers in the soybeen flour topping you made cover it fully then second third skewer in the black sesame seed topping you made cover fully.
- for the final skewer your gonna make another topping sweet soysauce topping you add the soysauce sugar and mirin in a pot and bring it to a boil reduce the heat and stir with the whisk don't burn the sauce wirl intil and mix intil thick.
- poor on a plate coat the other thrid of skewer well.
- done cooking enjoy.
- you can add the caramelize onions as a topping on one of your topping you made you can make home made or buy caramelize onions.
Toy food Japanese musical oden hot pot fun game unboxing toy dango dumplings. Tofu, also known as bean curd, is a food prepared by coagulating soy milk and then pressing the resulting curds into solid white blocks of varying softness; it can be silken, soft, firm, or extra firm. Sweet Japanese dango dumpling "Mitarashi Dango" ricipe with tofu step by step photos and an instruction video. Easy recipe including sweet soy sauce recipe. Hanami dango is usually three coloured dango (Sanshoku dando) on skewers.