Kinako and Black Sesame Ohagi.
You can cook Kinako and Black Sesame Ohagi using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kinako and Black Sesame Ohagi
- Prepare 300 ml of Mochi rice also called glutinous or sweet rice.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s of ** Kinako Topping **.
- Prepare 50 ml of kinako powder (roasted soybean powder).
- You need 50 ml of ground black sesame seeds.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s of ** Sweet Bean Paste Topping **.
- Prepare of Sweet red bean paste (anko), enough to cover several rice balls.
Kinako and Black Sesame Ohagi instructions
- Add rice to rice cooker and fill with 300 ml water and cook as usual, or cook on stove according to directions..
- When the rice is finished cooking, sprinkle in a little salt and lightly mash with the end of a rolling pin, pestle, etc. Don't over mash – you want the "dough" to stick together but also leave some of the grains of rice intact for texture..
- After mashing, wet your hands and form golf ball-sized balls with the rice..
- Mix the kinako powder, ground black sesame seeds, and sugar in a bowl. Roll each ball of rice in the kinako mix so they are evenly coated all around..
- For ohagi with red bean paste, place some bean paste in a piece of plastic wrap and put the rice ball on top. Tightly wrap the plastic up around the paste and rice so the bean paste coats the ball of rice. Unwrap and enjoy..