Roasted salsa verde. Try this easy roasted salsa verde recipe with lots of flavor thanks to roasted tomatillos, peppers, and garlic. A recipe with tomatillos & chile peppers to can, freeze, or eat fresh. Easy to make and suitable for canning or freezing.
Use it as a salsa or as a green enchilada sauce! Make a big batch in late summer, when in season and freeze for those long winter days ahead. Serve this Roasted Salsa Verde as a dip, or use as an ingredient in a baked dish such as enchiladas. You can cook Roasted salsa verde using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted salsa verde
- Prepare 3 lb of tamatillo.
- Prepare 1 of large white onion.
- You need 2 of green bell peppers seeded.
- It’s 3 of jalapeños seeded.
- Prepare 5 clove of garlic.
- Prepare of cilantro.
- You need of salt pepper.
- You need 1 of oil spray.
It's delicious with chicken, beef or pork. A traditional Green Salsa – Salsa Verde from Jauja Cocina Mexicana with roasted tomatillos and chiles. How to Make Roasted Salsa Verde. Salsa verde is a salsa made with tomatillos and various peppers as well as aromatics like garlic and onion and some lime juice for brightness.
Roasted salsa verde instructions
- Husk and clean tamatillos. Chop onion , slice jalapeño, half bell pepper , leave garlic whole. Place all ingredients on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Easy on clean up..
- Spray oil over the top of vegetables and cook in a 500° oven . They should start to char around 20 to 25 minutes..
- Put all ingredients from the pan , including the juices, in a blender of some sort. Add the cilantro and salt pepper.
- Serve over chicken enchiladas or just have it by itself with chips..
This roasted tomatillo salsa is so easy to make. You're only six ingredients away from the best salsa verde you've ever tasted! Jump to Recipe. (TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE) Made from roasted tomatillos, this salsa verde is tangy, fiery, smoky, and good enough to eat with a spoon. Roasted Salsa Verde: This is the PERFECT salsa! It's amazing warm and great chilled.