Albondigas Soup. It is our version of comfort food. Albondigas Soup is a traditional Mexican soup made with juicy, herb and rice infused meatballs Albondigas Soup is make ahead friendly (tips and tricks included!) stores and reheats beautifully, is. Albondigas Soup Is A Delicious Mexican Recipe Filled With Meatballs, Vegetables And Spices!
This albondigas soup is made with beef and rice meatballs which are simmered in a seasoned tomato broth along with potatoes, carrots and zucchini. Albondigas Soup is a traditional Mexican meatball Soup made of a comforting and nourishing broth and hearty herb-filled meatballs. This albondigas soup recipe was given to me from my mother-in-law. You can have Albondigas Soup using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Albondigas Soup
- It’s 4 can of Beef Broth (32oz).
- Prepare 2 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 large of white onion.
- Prepare 5 of carrots.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of white rice.
- You need 4 of celery.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of egg.
It's definitely one my favorite soups. Honestly, it's better than most restaurants that I've tried. Albondigas soup, or meatball soup, is the Mexican version of the classic meatball soup dish. It features beef meatballs cooked in a very light and flavorful broth full of my favorite veggies.
Albondigas Soup step by step
- Fill large stock pot with 4 cans of Beef Broth 2 bay leaves and 2 cups water over med/low heat.
- Cut 4 carrots width wise into 1/4 inch disks and place into broth.
- Cut 4 stalk of celery width wise into 1/4 inch "c" shaped disks and place into broth.
- Finely chop 1 onion and add half to broth and set aside the other half for the meatballs.
- Add 1/2 cup rice in a seperate frying pan with vegetable oil over med heat until lightly browned, once browned add to broth.
- Coarsely shred 1 carrot and add to the ground beef along with the remaining 1 cup white rice, chopped onion,oregano,cumin,salt,ground black pepper,thyme,garlic powder,1/4 cup tomato sauce,and egg.
- Mix meat mixture thoroughly and break apart to form meatballs. two and a half inch size meatballs (should make apoximatly 16).
- Carefully drop meatballs into broth, place lid on pot and let cook over med/low heat for 40 minutes..
- Enjoy the soup. You should let the soup cool down a little before your first bite.
The other wingman in this recipe is the tomato broth. You may recognize it as the broth from our Chicken Tortilla Soup. Caldo de Albóndigas is a traditional Mexican meatball soup, served in a light and healthy broth full of vegetables. Albondigas Mexican meatball soup is a simple dish with light broth, vegetables, and meatballs flavored with chorizo. This post has been updated with new.